How To Create A Lived in Textured Bob
Here are some useful steps for you to recreate this look yourself at home. My name is Stacey Rosser and I am a senior creative director at Rosser Hair. I hope you enjoy . Tag us in your steps and images on social media @rosserhair we would love to see your results.
- Apply a pea sized amount of the 'Kevin Murphy Full Again' into the palms for your hands, spread it evenly across both palms and then distribute this through your hair. This is perfect for giving you a thicker strand of hair, creating that fullness and density.
- Then applying one pump of your 'Kevin Murphy Heated Defence' into your hand and spread over your hair. This will provide 450 degree heat protection from all heated tools.
Now you will take your 'GHD Helios Hairdryer' and 'GHD Ceramic Vented Brush Size 3'
- Start by blow drying your fringe area to the opposite way that it would normally fall. (tip: always dry the front section of the hair first, this is the natural finest part of your hair. Therefore dries quickest)
- Next take your head upside down and rough dry the excess water from your hair, this will create lots of movement in the hair which is perfect for this style.
- I would rough dry until 100% dry.
Next you will take your 'GHD Platinum Plus Plus Styler'
- Parting your hair into your desired look. ( Zig zag partings work well )
- Taking horizontal sections ready to start creating your look.
- This look is based on variation so slightly pull the styler out away from the head on some of the sections, creating a slight kick (Not a full flick).
- On other sections pull the edges more smooth . This will really help to give it the tempo.
Finally this is were the magic happens.
Using the 'Kevin Murphy Doo Over' This is a dry powder spray which is fantastic for creating the perfect texture and volume without any weight.
- Holding your hand approx 30cm from your head, flip your head upside down and fire short sharp bursts of the spray throughout your style.
- Flip your head back over and add a few more shots if necessary to give it those finishing touches.
Mentioned in this article
Amp Up The Volume In Your Short Hair Style
Creating short textured looks is one of my favourites at the salon. I have put together the article with easy tips to create this look yourself at home. Using a combination of brandssxch as Kevin Murphy and Olaplex. I hope you enjoy it, Love Mandy Delaney senior session stylist at Rosser.